Have you ever wondered what goes on “behind the scenes” to keep things running smoothly and ensure the best possible experience for every DT member (while keeping our membership fees among the lowest in the area)?
Our community has grown significantly in the past few years! At the same time, many long-time member families have graduated to “alumni” status. DT relies entirely on volunteers to carry on our beloved traditions while seeking out and implementing new ideas to improve our services and atmosphere. We have 12 volunteer Board members who are responsible for:
- Evaluating / hiring / communicating with pool management company
- Managing revenue/expense budget of $150,000
- Managing records for 300 member households and 100+ waitlist households
- Planning and executing social/special events (adult party, food trucks, age-group parties, July 4th festivities, early morning swim)
- Obtaining paper, cleaning, kitchen and first-aid supplies, grills and propane
- Managing private party schedule and procedures
- Communications (email, website)
- Providing or obtaining equipment, maintenance and repairs for landscape, buildings, kitchen, bathrooms, pool and systems.
Dowden Terrace Pool has been around for 62 years! Now is the perfect time to get involved – to ensure that DT is the best place to swim, splash and socialize for the next 62 years!
There is a place for everyone, and everyone has a place – as a board member or volunteer-at-large. Contact any board member to ask a question or volunteer! (Contact Information is below). Don’t be surprised if one of us contacts you in the near future to invite you to join in!
Tyler Harding (12 years), Missi Cox (11 years), Marianne Hetzer (9 years), Thomas Schweinefuss (9 years), Sophie Krasik (7 years), Michael Wilker (7 years), Marietta Jemison (4 years), Susan Stickles (4 years), Jenny Curry (2 years), Leigh Ann Woodbury (1 year), Chris Natoli, Suzanne Bolton (Emeritus)
Current Board members have 50+ years of combined service (average of 5.5 years).